As I wait for autumn to make an appearance, I've been having so much fun browsing through fashion magazines, Polyvore, and Pinterest checking out all kinds of great fall fashions and cool-weather ensembles. Whenever I see a look I like, I save the picture and sometimes try to recreate a similar, budget-friendly look of my own.
I've put together a wish list of my 10 most wanted fall fashion items and thought I would share it with you...
1) Tall Brown Boots - This probably sounds stupid but I've been hesitant to wear tall boots in the past. I just felt like I was too old or a few pounds to chunky to pull them off. But, I love them so much that this year I said the heck with it! I'm going to buy some tall boots and rock them! This pair, this pair, and this pair are contenders. Boots are expensive so I would definitely consider buying a pair to be a splurge.
2) Cardigan Sweater - I am a huge fan of the cardigan sweater. But, they have to fit just right (not too snug around my middle, not too short, and have a comfortable sleeve length - I have long arms so I hate to feel like I'm wearing sleeves that are too short). This Lands' End Supima Placed Swirl Cardigan in Pewter looks so soft and pretty.
3) Long-Sleeve Chambray/Denim Button-Up Shirt - This is one item from my list that I've already purchased. I got this one from L.L.Bean. It feels and fits like a dream and will be a very versatile piece.
4) Military Jacket - This LOFT jacket with a cute ruffle trim is what I've got my eye on. I think it would be equally cute with a pair of jeans or a casual dress.
5) Set Of Stacking Rings - I found these on etsy and the colors just scream fall. Gorgeous!
6) Leopard-Print Flats - I think these would look awesome with a pair of jeans and a simple white button-up shirt. Very chic!
7) Colored Tights - I love these with a cute dress or skirt and pair of boots. I have to confess, this is another one of those items that I secretly wonder if I can pull off wearing...but they are so fun! I think I just have to go for it. I love them in mustard, navy, plum, and gray.
8) Gray Handbag/Purse - I have sort of an obsession with the color gray. It's such a chic neutral and I think it goes well with almost anything.
9) This Sweater Dress and This Ruffle Dress from Garnet Hill - with a pair of tall boots!
10) Lace seems to be a big trend for fall. I wouldn't want to go overboard with it, but in moderation, I think a lacy top would be kind of funky and different. This lace sweatshirt from LOFT is perfect.
Are you looking forward to fall and pulling out your cozy sweaters and jeans and boots? Do you have a must-have item on your fall-fashion wish list?
Retweet this post!